Back to School Associate
Canada University of Toronto Scholarship. We are hiring at all of our locations on our St. George, Mississauga, and Scarborough campuses.
We are looking for energetic, proactive customer service associates who will help us provide an exceptional customer experience. We also have a variety of positions available from mid-August through late September, including floor staff, cashiers, and web order staff.
Shifts range from 15 to 35 hours per week, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
When uploading your resume, please include a separate document stating your availability during the months of August and September.
- The fundamental obligations of the position are as per the following
- Welcome and handle incoming and online customers.
- Helping students find books, school supplies, and other items for their classes
- Picking items for web orders
- Answering questions and making sure customers get the information they need
- Operate point-of-sale (POS) terminals and accept all forms of payment.
- Unpack boxes, restock shelves, and display merchandise
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Truly enjoys interacting with people and helping customers find the products they are looking for.
- Hardworking, energetic, and positive
- Comfortable growing and learning in a busy environment and working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Reliable – arrive on time for all shifts
- Customer service experience a plus
- Move/lift cartons and products up to 15kg
- Values that are important to you Practice our values of responsibility, innovation, respect, and customer focus to make your self whole in your work. Canada University of Toronto, Scholarship
About the Team
With bookstores on each University of Toronto campus and a strong online and e-commerce presence, the U of T Bookstore provides many important services and products to the university community, including textbooks, general books, technology products, U of T branded clothing, school supplies and gift products.
About University of Toronto Press
The University of Toronto Press (UTP) is one of the largest university presses in North America, publishing groundbreaking scholarly articles since 1901. It publishes more than 200 scholarly books, course books, general books, and more than 45 journals each year.
Likewise, UTP deals with the dispersion of in excess of 200 distributers and engravings in Canada, the U.S. and around the world, with warehouses in Toronto, Ontario and Buffalo, N.Y. UTP also operates all University of Toronto bookstores on its three main campuses, serving 95,000 students and more than 15,000 faculty and staff. For more information, visit utorontopress.com.
As Canada’s driving college press and one of the biggest college presses in North America, we perceive our job and obligation to impact positive change. As such, we are committed to continually improving the diversity and representation in our publications, the clients we represent, and the composition of our organization.
With a strong commitment from leadership, we seek to effect change throughout our organization, both in our culture and in the areas of publishing, distribution, and retail. uTP operates with mutual trust, respect, and integrity, and is committed to identifying and removing barriers. By addressing and challenging systemic inequities, we are making UTP a great place to work. Canada University of Toronto Scholarship
Interested in applying?
Thank you for your interest in joining the Press. The University of Toronto Press welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require consideration during the application process or would like more information about our consideration policy, please contact Human Resources at 416.978.2239 ext. 2255. Canada University of Toronto Scholarship
Company Name: University of Toronto Press
Location: Downtown Campus Bookstore
Opening Date: July 05, 2023
Opening Date: August 08, 2023
Canada University of Toronto Scholarship 2023/24 Apply Now
Canada University of Toronto Scholarship. The Lester B. Pearson Scholarship is now open for applications. The University of Toronto is sponsoring the Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarship. The Lester B. Pearson Scholarship for Canada is open to international students from around the world. Students interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Canada are encouraged to apply.
This scholarship is open to all academic disciplines and majors. You may also apply for the University of Manitoba Canada International Student Scholarship (2023-24) (full scholarship).
This Canadian scholarship is intended for students who wish to pursue a four-year undergraduate degree in Canada. Students will attend the University of Toronto to complete their first degree. This scholarship will cover the full cost of studying abroad. Canada University of Toronto Scholarship
The University of Toronto was founded in 1827. It is located in Ontario, Canada. It is a place where people conduct research. It is the first university in Canada. It has produced many leaders. 25th in the world and 1st in the country in the QS World University Rankings. This college assists individuals with getting a well-rounded schooling and do different things.
Canada University of Toronto Scholarship Details (Canada) 2023-24
- University University of Toronto
- Degree Level Undergraduate
- Scholarship Scope Full scholarship
- Eligible Nationalities International
- Awarding Country Canada
- Final deadline: November 30, 2023
All international students who obtain a Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship for International Students will be assisted with the following expenses. Please review the list below. Canada University of Toronto Scholarship
- Educational cost and charges are covered by the college.
- Book fees
- Medical insurance for the duration of the program
- Full housing assistance for four years.
List of Available Fields of Study
The University of Toronto offers 700 undergraduate programs in the humanities and social sciences, life sciences, physical and mathematical sciences, commerce and management, computer science, engineering, kinesiology and physical education, music, and architecture.
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Eligibility
Very simple rules for international students seeking scholarships in Canada.
- The student must be from outside Canada.
- Students from any country may apply.
- Must be in the final year of high school or graduating by June 2023.
- Must be able to attend classes offered at the University of Toronto in September 2023.
Please remember to apply by the following deadlines.
- Students who wish to be nominated must apply by November 30, 2023.
- Until you can apply to OUAC is December 15, 2023.
- The cutoff time for the Pearson Grant is January 15, 2024.
How do I apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship?
The application process for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship is different from the application process for other international scholarships. Assuming you wish to apply for this grant, you should
- Inform your school that you are applying for this scholarship.
- Apply for a degree program at the University of Toronto.
- Complete the online application for the Lester B.
- Pearson International Scholarship.
- The University will only send this application to students who have completed the first two steps.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship?
The rules are very simple for international students who wish to receive a scholarship in Canada.
- You must be an international student from outside Canada.
- Students from any country may apply.
- You must be in your final year of high school or have graduated by June 2023.
- Must be able to enroll in classes at the University of Toronto when classes begin in September 2023.
Application Deadline for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
Students wishing to be nominated must apply by November 30, 2023.
The deadline for Pearson Scholarships is January 15, 2024.
Student Services Associate
- Job Title.
- Application Details
- Cover later
Established in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1910, Mount Illustrious College formed into a lively college during the 1930s and turned into a fair sized college in 2009. Mount Royal University has carved out a unique niche for itself by offering small class sizes, a well-rounded liberal education, and unique undergraduate programs.
Today, in excess of 15,000 understudies study from 13 four year college educations and 38 majors. Mount Royal University is located in the traditional territory of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) people of southern Alberta and the people of Treaty VII, including the Siksika, Piikani, Kainai, Tutina, and Iahe Nakoda.
We are located at the confluence of the Bow and Elbow Rivers. The traditional Blackfoot place name is “Mokinstis” and is now called the City of Calgary. The City of Calgary is additionally home to the Métis Country.
Mount Imperial College is focused on eliminating obstructions and supporting the voices of the people who have generally been underrepresented or disregarded in our general public.
In support of our belief that faculty and staff diversity enriches the work, learning, and research experiences of the entire campus community, we strongly encourage the application and self-identification of members of designated groups (women, indigenous people, people with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and diverse sexual orientations and gender identities).
About Student Services
Mount Royal’s student affairs division is comprised of three departments – Student Affairs, Enrollment Services, and International Education – that provide support and services closely tied to the educational and learning outcomes that each department is expected to achieve.
We support the mission of the University by assisting students, staff, and faculty through a variety of departments including: Admissions & Recruitment, Residence Services, Registrar’s Office (Academic Scheduling, Records, Registration, and Student Awards & Financial Aid), Access & Inclusion Services, Career Services, Student Community Standards Office, Student Success & Learning (Academic Advising, Student Experience, Student Learning Services), Wellness Services, Cougars Athletics & Recreation, Inniskim Center, International Education, Student Systems & Communications, and Strategic Enrollment Data. Canada University of Toronto Scholarship
About the Role.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Registrar for Registration and Financial Aid and is responsible for providing excellent customer care on the front lines and contributing to the efficient furthermore, powerful activity of enlistment and monetary guide administrations.
This position requires the ability to work independently, work on own initiative, manage time effectively, and work both within a group and independently. Canada University of Toronto Scholarship
The incumbent is responsible for providing accurate information and effective referral services to a diverse student/customer population and serves as an ambassador for the College.
Additionally, the Student Services Associate must promote and foster a supportive learning environment for students. They must provide quality customer service, responsibly manage student information and institutional resources, accurately interpret and fairly apply all institutional policies, and demonstrate knowledge of all required disciplines.
This is a full-time, stable situation working 35 hours out of each week.
We are presently trying to fill two opening.
- Identify student and client information and service needs through effective interviewing and proactive assessment.
- Provide accurate information regarding enrollment, registration, financial aid, student awards, student records, and tuition.
- Respond accurately to inquiries (in person, by phone, mail, and online) with respect, tact, and discretion.
- Advise full-time and part-time students about financial aid opportunities (government funding, scholarships, and bursaries).
- Assist students with student loan applications and appeals
- Respond to inquiries regarding student scholarships, bursaries, stipends, and financial aid.
- Give proper reference administrations to understudy support administrations
- Assist students by answering questions about student accounts and registration procedures
- Maintain close contact with government funding agencies to expedite financial aid to students in need.
- Verify out-of-state loans for all states and territories through state portals.
- Prepare enrollment confirmations and official and unofficial transcripts
- Resolve data integrity issues
- Interpret institution policies with sound understanding and judgment.
- Apply the institution’s policies fairly and equitably within the limits of accountability
- Foster a work environment that values diversity, integrity, and open and honest communication.
Requirements for Applicants.
- 3 or long term Four year certification or same
- Minimum 18-24 months related work experience
- Experience in financial aid work, preferably in a post-secondary institution
- Client care insight face to face, by means of email, and via telephone
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access, Word) and Google Suite
- Experience with Banner Student Information Systems a plus
- Familiarity with state funding portals and NSLSC systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills, sensitivity in working with diverse populations, ability to work as a team member
- Responsible, results-oriented and motivated
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information at a high analytical level and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to analyze and validate data and recognize errors
What we offer
Our talented and dedicated employees are the driving force behind our students’ success. We strive to be the employer of choice among Canadian post-secondary institutions. At Mount Royal University, we recognize that people are an intersection of many different identities. We are committed to creating an environment that welcomes the whole person, harnesses the power in diversity, and creates a rich and inclusive workplace. Canada University of Toronto Scholarship
Investing in employee learning and development benefits the individual and the University. A variety of services, resources, and programs encourage a healthy and productive workplace. Mount Regal College offers a serious and far reaching pay bundle that incorporates wellbeing and dental protection, benefits, medical coverage, individual spending accounts, paid excursions, winter get-away, individual leave, and complimentary membership in our fully equipped recreation center. Canada University of Toronto Scholarship
There is a medical clinic, dentist, and pharmacy on campus, as well as a full range of wellness services, including physical therapists and massage therapists. Campus Recreation offers many activities for students, staff, and the public, including personal training, climbing, aquatics, sports, and certification. MRU upholds full inoculation as the most ideal way to safeguard oneself and the grounds local area and unequivocally suggests immunization with Coronavirus.
Position: Class SAC06 – Academic Services VI
Salary: $50,980 to $64,532 per year
Closing date: July 14, 2023
Please submit cover letter and resume in one .pdf document. The .pdf document should be titled as follows: [last name], [requisition number], [document title].pdf (e.g. Smith, 999999, CV.pdf). All qualified applicants are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. New Mount Royal graduates with foreign citizenship are eligible to work on campus.
Please refer to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp) under “Post-Graduation Employment Post-Graduation Employment” on Citizens and Immigration Canada’s website