Canada Westland Diverse Talent Calgary, AB, Canada
Title Junior Accountant Location Calgary, Alberta Direct Supervisor Canada Westland is looking for a motivated, adaptable and engaging individual to join our team. We are looking for someone who likes daily challenges and can handle multiple tasks. Click Here to More Jobs
The Calgary office is seeking a full-time Junior Accountant. The Junior Accountant will be responsible to the Controller for all accounting tasks.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- College or technical school diploma in accounting
- Minimum 1 year bookkeeping or general accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced level in MS Office suite (proficient in Microsoft Excel)
- Experience with Microsoft D365 is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and proven self-starter
- Assist with project controls and finance and manage outside payments.
Accounts Receivable and Invoicing support including:
- Understanding the nuances of various client invoicing requirements and submission processes
- Ensuring invoices are issued and sent according to client requirements
- Payment submissions
- Other general accounting duties including assisting with AP, AR and month-end close
- As needed.
- Provide support to the project and finance departments as required.
Why Canada West Land Services? We are experienced and culturally aware land brokers who provide quality solutions. Building meaningful relationships is our top priority and we demonstrate this through our actions.
We strive to encourage, nurture, and support our employees so that they can grow and succeed as individuals and as teammates. Our decades of success would not be possible without our greatest asset:
Our teammates. Adaptability. Reliability. Integrity. Responsible. Team. These are our core values. If you share the same passion and want to be a part of our dynamic team, please send your resume to: canadawestland.com careers page, general resume collection.
Manager or Senior Accountant
Robert Half Toronto, ON, Canada
Must be an Ontario CPA or be a licensed accountant moving from a California CPA firm. Being a part of the client side can be a rewarding experience while maintaining the dynamic nature of working with a variety of client files.
You will feel a strong sense of ownership over the files you are responsible for. Filing deadlines are a daily occurrence, so being proactive is a must to succeed in this environment. The flexibility (including telecommuting) and benefits package make this a great job for those seeking work-life balance.
Experience preparing audit files as a member of the Pubco group at a small to mid-size accounting firm, or have worked in financial reporting at a publicly traded company.
Prepare quarterly and year end financial statements and management discussion and analysis for various clients; complete consolidated and translated files; assist with client financial analysis; prepare financial analysis of various balance sheets and income statements; monthly variance analysis of corporate costs compared to quarterly forecasts and annual business plans. Click Here to More Jobs Vacancies
What will your days resemble
- Assistance with the client’s annual budget and quarterly forecasting process
- Bookkeeping representation for the client’s special projects and periodic year-end closing entries for some clients
- Assistance with year-end audit planning and liaison with auditors on behalf of the client
- Assistance with continuing disclosure requirements
- For general complex accounting issues, accounting for acquisitions, equity-based compensation, translations and integrations.
- Certified Public Accountant certification is required.
- Extensive experience in auditing and/or financial reporting for publicly traded companies
- Product-based SMEs are ideal
- Once the basic experience requirements are met, we will first and foremost hire individuals with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Financial Assistant (Accountant)
Alfa Laval Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
At Alfa Laval, we generally exceed everyone’s expectations to beat the hardest difficulties. Our drive is to accelerate the success of our clients, our employees and our planet.
To do this, we need people who are curious and dedicated. Interest is the main impetus behind good thoughts. And great ideas are the driving force behind progress.
The Financial Assistant (Accountant) will be primarily responsible for analyzing and supporting the financial processes of the business in Canada.
This position will be responsible for analyzing the business of the sales and service departments, supporting the monthly closing process, and preparing monthly reports.
This is primarily an office-based position and will work with order processing, sales, logistics, and operations teams as required.
Primary duties will include:
- Ensure accurate and proper recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Lay out and screen the execution and upkeep of bookkeeping control systems.
- Prepare income statements, monthly financial reports, and cost accounting reports.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information, prepares general ledgers and other accounts, and documents business transactions.
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze financial figures and prepare financial and accounting reports for decision makers.
- Reconciles balance sheets
- Responsible for tax accounting
- Backs up financial functions
- Closes local books of accounts.
Key competencies include:
- Work with integrated ERP and understand the interaction of various functions and transactions and how each affects results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to articulate ideas both in writing and verbally.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Knowledge of value flow from order to cash
Education (degree or years) and/or certifications/registrations:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in a complex ERP environment preferred.
Type and Duration of Experience – 2-3 years of accounting or business analysis work experience
Senior Bookkeeper IFG
IFG Global Monetary Gathering Toronto, Ontario, Canada
IFG is seeking a Senior Accountant in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We currently have an office in Toronto and operate on a hybrid model:
- Coordinate monthly closing activities with various departments
- Prepare standard monthly financial reporting packages for submission to senior leadership and the Board of Directors (e.g. financial statements, other financial analysis as required, quarterly and annual IFRS financial statements and related financial statement notes;
- Provide financial data analysis and expertise for IFRS and modified IFRS to assist other departments in achieving their respective goals related to process and data quality improvements;
- Modify existing reports, models, databases and other system changes Assist with the implementation of new accounting and financial reporting requirements under IFRS by modifying existing reports, models, databases and other system changes
- Assist with external financial statement audits by preparing supporting documentation and reviewing confidential payroll information as required by auditors
Perform other duties as assigned Education and Expertise:
- Certified Public Accountant/CA license Holder or enrolled in a certification program
- 5+ years of experience as a full cycle accountant
- Advanced technical accounting knowledge of IFRS
- Advanced knowledge and experience in financial modeling and management reporting
- Advanced Excel skills If you are qualified and would like to learn more about this role.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please send your resume to Navneet Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org To view other job postings, please visit www.ifg-global.com.Accountant
The Oben Group Inc. Ontario, Canada
Join us and grow with us as an Accountant for The Oben Group Inc. We don’t follow trends, we create them! The Oben Group is a unique Toronto-based property management company comprised of a full-service team of professionals who plan, build and manage luxury real estate developments.
We have practical experience in overseeing risk, expanding returns and offering uncommon assistance to our clients, financial backers and accomplices all through the whole land improvement life cycle.
The Oben Group benefits from the comprehensive support of three in-house brands, each offering a unique facet of the development process while adhering to the same universal guiding principles of design and quality focus. Accountant
Our properties offer a unique global experience that mixes boutique-quality services with the convenience of premium locations and world-class amenities offered by select innovators.
Position Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, this position will manage the day-to-day accounting operations of the three Auben departments. The Controller will manage the overall accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment and track all receivables and cash receipts.
The initial focus will be on preparing monthly financial reports, preparing budgets and forecasts for various business units and client projects, and assisting in the development and implementation of inside control arrangements and systems to fortify the money office constantly.
The ideal candidate will possess strong quantitative, interpersonal, and leadership skills. This role offers the candidate the opportunity to grow professionally with an industry-leading company in a fast-paced, lean organization with the opportunity to take on a variety of responsibilities. Accountant
This is a small team position and we are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering quality work with an “roll up your sleeves” attitude. This is a full-time position and requires strong organizational, interpersonal, and detail-oriented skills, as well as familiarity with processing vendor payments and tracking outstanding receivables from customers.
We are looking for someone who is disciplined, punctual, and a team player. We are searching for somebody who can have an effect and develop expertly with our association.This position is a permanent position in our Toronto office. Accountant
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reporting packages, including bank reconciliations, general ledger analysis, and reviewing required journal entries.
- Prepare and send monthly invoices and follow up with client accounts payable team as needed.
- Work with the Senior Finance Manager to reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Manage the monthly rent collection process for select residential properties in the Property Management Department.
- Manage docusign accounts for various construction management projects.
- Prepare monthly debit packages for development management projects.
- Perform HST reconciliations and ensure HST filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed annual CAM reconciliations and analyses for specific commercial properties.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of accounting and financial processes and procedures and recommend changes as appropriate to improve internal controls and efficiency.
- Manage the entire accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment, including coding invoices, reconciling purchase orders, obtaining approvals, and entering into the accounting system.
- Post and reconcile company payments to the general ledger.
- Review company invoices, identify discrepancies, and escalate to the Vice President as necessary.
- Oversee merchant connections and foster compelling organizations.
- Assist with financial audits, including document collection, reporting, and management.
- Investigate and resolve invoice and purchase order processing issues.
- Receive, investigate, and resolve a variety of routine inquiries from internal and external parties regarding account status.
- Perform vendor statement reconciliation, new vendor set-up, and related communications.
- Prepare payment reports and distribute to the Vice President.
- Assist with accounts receivable collection, accounting, and receipt of payments as needed.
- Prepare accounts receivable reports and provide follow-up on outstanding accounts to management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- 3+ years of direct experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting.
- Accounts Payable.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and maintain accounting figures and financial records.
- Experience with Yardi accounting software is a plus.
- Must possess high ethical judgment in the handling of confidential information and financial transactions.
- Experience in data collection, information gathering, and financial reporting.
- Capacity to perform moderate to complex record compromises.
- Sufficient knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and controls.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially accounting software such as Excel and QuickBooks.
- Tender loving care and exact information passage.
- Sound logical reasoning, arranging, prioritization, and execution abilities.
- Capacity to impart really both orally and recorded as a hard copy.
- Capacity to construct and keep up areas of strength for with outer divisions, key colleagues, and government organizations.Disclaimer:
Applicants who apply for this opportunity will be invited for an interview. The Oben Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We are also committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontario Disability Accessibility Act. Accountant
If you are contacted regarding employment opportunities or testing, please inform the Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations. Accountant
For more information and links to our departments, please visit our website at www.obengroupinc.com.