(23-U149)-Job Posting Township of Langley Langley, BC V2Y 3J1, Langley, BC
Unskilled Labour Jobs Vacancies In Canada
Salary: 33.26 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
Shifts and Schedule
Monday – Friday
With approximately 150,000 residents, the Township of Langley is committed to providing progressive business, residential, and recreational opportunities while maintaining a unique balance of urban growth and beautiful rural surroundings.
Langley Township is truly a fun and beautiful place to work, offering competitive salaries, a full benefits package, a municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs, and professional development and career advancement opportunities.
Langley Township is currently seeking a full-time temporary worker to join our team of professionals in the Engineering and Asset Management departments (January 22, 2024 – December 20, 2024).
Reporting to the Infrastructure Asset Manager, this position will perform a variety of manual tasks in support of the operation and maintenance of the Municipal Cemetery. This position requires actual exertion and nimbleness to perform semi-gifted and incompetent development/support errands.
Performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks in cemetery operations, maintenance, and construction.
Performs maintenance and construction of landscaping, grave markers, passive areas, cemetery furniture, fencing, etc.
- Drives vehicle and transports materials and tools to job site.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Completion of grade 12 and experience in construction and maintenance or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Solid knowledge of methods, techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in general park construction and maintenance work.
- Capacity to comprehend and really do oral and straightforward composed guidelines.
- Skill in the use of a variety of tools used in general maintenance and construction tasks
- Sufficient strength, stamina and coordination to perform heavy work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid BC Class 3 driver’s license (full priority), air brake endorsement a plus
- To be considered for this position, applicants should have the accompanying substantial and current affirmations/licenses.
- Applications not accompanied by the following required documents will be considered incomplete and may not be considered for selection.
Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload at the time of application:
Valid BC Class 5 (full priority) driver’s license or equivalent for your place of residence. An up-to-date personal driving record obtained within 6 months of the closing date (select the 5-year option if obtained online) must be included with the application.
To obtain a copy of your personal driving record, please contact ICBC directly or contact the driving authority where you reside. Please note that copies of driver’s licenses and driver’s factor reports will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate for this position is $33.26 per hour (2024 rate), plus 13.5% benefits. Hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Langley Township is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in pursuing this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
We appreciate all submissions, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Posting GFL Environmental Inc. 17125 Lafleche Rd, Moose Creek, ON
Job Title: Full Time
Position: Laborer / Maintenance Helper
Location: 17125 Lafleche Road, Moose Creek, ON K0C 1W0
Welcome to Matrec, a division of GFL!
We are a dynamic company focused on growth and stability; GFL is responsible for the collection and processing of waste, recycling and organics.
We cover North America and employ over 20,000 people. We are searching for an enthusiastic and inspired full time Weighty Hardware Expert to help our developing business.
In conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Operations Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties
Assist with repair/maintenance of all aspects of the operating system at Moose Creek Compost facilty to ensure optimal plant performance.
- Working with the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Operations Manager, you are to ensure that assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner including but not limited to:
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of turners, screens and conveyor equipment.
- Daily cleaning of sediment around all screens.
- Ensuring that the facility and work area are kept clean and organized.
- Cleaning around bins and screens while the system is in operation.
- Preventive Maintenance and Inspections.
- Repair the system’s mechanical and electronic equipment (PLC).
- Inventory and track critical spare parts.
- Be prepared to prioritize and adjust assignments as appropriate to ensure timely completion of projects and minimize potential downtime.
- Perform system maintenance according to priorities and make emergency repairs as needed.
Strong mechanical knowledge.
Work under minimal supervision. May assist with orientation and training of lower level apprentices on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Wear specified personal protective equipment.
Follow all safety procedures as outlined in the Occupational Safety and Health Act, applicable industry regulations, federal, state and municipal regulations, and health and safety policies and procedures.
Report all accidents, incidents, near misses, and hazards immediately to supervision.
Thank you for your application. Just those chose for a meeting will be reached.
GFL Environmental is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal, disabled and visible minorities. We look to employ people with assorted qualities, foundations, and points of view.
We strongly believe that world-class talent is not distinguished by gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences GFL will make facilities for competitors with inabilities all through the employing system. If it’s not too much trouble, let us know as to whether you require any facilities.
Packer Jobs in Amcor
Job Type: Full Time
Shifts & Schedule
12 hour shifts
This position is responsible for warehousing and preparing products produced by injection molding machines for shipment, and performs a variety of duties required to box or form finished products from the production line onto pallets for transportation.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Respects the safety of all employees as a primary focus of Amcor Rigid Packaging.
- Eliminate item from transport and outwardly investigate for quality deformities.
- Package products and assemble skids according to all instructions provided by supervisors, managers, leads or engineers as well as instructions in production orders.
- On the hand-pack line, forms dividers and places them in assembled boxes, or removes product from conveyor and places it in boxes according to production instructions.
- On the palletizing line, supervises the safe and proper operation of palletizers and strappers.
- Move filled boxes and skids of finished product to designated storage areas for unloading into the warehouse.
- Ensure parts hoppers are fully filled.
- Assemble or prepare product according to product requirements.
- Prepare boxes for filling.
- Track scrap using identified processes
- Maintain machine output speed while performing duties comfortably.
- Monitor conveyor/line performance. Clear small jams in equipment, adjust conveyors, and alert line operators of jams.
- Must be able to maintain excellent housekeeping standards in the work area.
- Must be able and willing to work one (1) day or one (1) week of overtime as determined necessary or desirable by the company to meet business needs.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at a level determined by the company’s absence management program.
- Must perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
Must be able and willing to work a regular shift schedule of 12 consecutive hours as determined necessary or desirable by the company to meet business needs.
- Shift Supervisor.
- Other plant employees
- Normal eyesight
- Distance vision
- Near vision
- Hand/finger dexterity
- Bending over
- Lifting (over 50 lbs.)
- Hauling (over 50 lbs.)
- Forklift Driving
- Lifting (less than 50 lbs.)
- Hauling (under 50 lbs.)
- Driving – car/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements
- Should have the option to move objects gauging up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, push, and pull as needed to pack and transport products during a 12-hour shift.
- Must be able to regularly climb stairs and work at a height of 12 feet above the floor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: factory manufacturing environment.
Job Vacancy GFL Environmental Inc. St. Johns, NL
- Job Title: Full Time
- Night shift as needed
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Get started today!
We are looking for you!
Join Team Green, GFL is North America’s only full-service environmental services company. We are distinguished by our bright green trucks and equipment and our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities.
With years of rapid expansion and investment in continued innovation and growth, we are looking for dedicated star players to join our team!
Why Team Green?
GFL prides itself on being a great place to work every day:
- Payday is every Thursday!
- RRSP Matching Program
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
Primary Duties and Activities
- Material handling, including loading and unloading of trucks and disposal of waste
- Maintaining safe and clean facilities and work areas
- Daily management of the plant
- Performing other duties as directed
- Ability to work 8 or 12 hour shifts (night shift may be required).
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Ability to work legally in Canada.
Thank you for your application. Simply those decided for a gathering will be reached.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from women, Aboriginal, persons with disabilities and minorities. We look to enlist people with assorted qualities, foundations, and points of view.
We strongly believe that world-class talent is not distinguished by gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, age, religion, or handicap, yet enhances itself through these distinctions.If it’s not too much trouble, let us know as to whether you require any facilities.
Job Trial Foods International Inc Mississauga, ON
Salary: 18-$20 per hour
Job Type: Full-Time Employee Full-Time Employee
Shifts and Schedules: Overtime Hours
Education: No degrees, certifications or diplomas
Experience: Training available
- Wet / damp
- Meat processing and/or packaging plant/facility
- Food Safety/Handling Skills
- Transport unrefined components, completed items, and bundling materials
- Weighs raw materials and feeds them into hoppers of mixers and crushers.
- Flattened boxes are fed into forming machines to make containers.
- Filled containers are taken off the conveyor.
- Manually packs products into bags, boxes, or other containers.
- Feeding and unloading products into processing machines
- Actually take a look at items and bundling for fundamental quality deformities
- Help process control and machine administrators in playing out their obligations
- Clean machines and work areas
- Travel by private vehicle
- Public transportation available
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive work
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Prolonged standing
- Attention to detail
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Heavy lifting
- Overtime work
- Physically demanding
- Heavy load handling
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Team Player
- Work Period: Permanent
- Work language: English
- Working hours: 60-88 hours every other week