Insurance Administrator (Inforce) – Flexible Work Schedule
Canada Insurance Job. Are you often complimented on your communication skills? Are you a service-oriented person who likes to be organized? Are you satisfied with completing all the pieces of a puzzle?
Were there three “yes” answers? If so, you could be the next Insurance Administrator to join the FH family! Want to know more? Continue to peruse to check whether this position is appropriate for you!
What does this position involve?
- Liaison between advisors and insurance companies
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, insurance companies, advisors and clients
- Work extensively with the back office system WealthServ and insurance company websites
- Responsible for maintaining an organized filing system for easy reference and retrieval
- Communicate with advisors regarding missing information
- Maintain regular communication and follow-up between carriers and advisors throughout the in-force process
- Ensure advisors receive clear and consistent communication
- Keep the WealthServ system updated and maintained with current information and documentation
- Meet/exceed SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Perform backup duties for the application handling team as needed
- Perform other duties as directed
What qualifications are required?
- College degree, university degree, or equivalent experience
- Industry courses a plus
- Fluency in French is a plus
What abilities are required?
- Service oriented
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Time management and organizational skills (fast-paced environment)
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Interpersonal skills
What experience do you have?
Experience in the insurance/financial services industry
Customer service experience
Experience with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Experience with WealthServ is a plus
Knowledge of insurance products
- Tuition reimbursement
- Benefits Program
As an individual from the FH family, you can anticipate an expert, yet captivating, steady, family-like climate! We started with 4 employees; we are an organization that lives the DRIVER Values.
Some of the benefits we offer include
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Excellent group benefits plan
- Group retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible and cooperative personal leave for employee or family illness, emergencies, etc.
- Rewards and recognition programs that celebrate and reward high-impact achievements (peer-to-peer) and personal or professional life milestones
- Wellness credit program
Personal and professional programs that enable growth, learning and development, including on-demand e-learning programs, tuition reimbursement and leadership development
Who We Are
Financial Horizons is one of Canada’s leading full-service general agents (MGA) offering a comprehensive range of life and health insurance, employee benefits, pension, investment, structured settlements and risk management products and services to advisors across Canada.
We are headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario and have sales offices across Canada. There is much more in the “Our Story” section, but I will try to keep it short here. If you have read this far, first of all, thank you for taking the time to read this! Apply Hire
- Excerpts from Job Postings
- Tuition Reimbursement
Employer: Munich Re Canada
Work Location: Toronto , Canada
We care about humanity.
Our greatest strength lies not in what we do, but in how we do it. Most importantly, we are the unique individuals behind everything we do. Munich Re’s global success is due to our employees. Working at Munich Re opens us to the profundity, broadness and outlook we want to foster our maximum capacity.
Therefore, a career with us is more than just a job. A career at Munich Re is more than just a job; it is an invitation to do your best and make a positive impact on the world. Canada Insurance Job
Do you appreciate building connections and working in a group climate? If you have excellent communication, technical, and organizational skills, you can demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and influence at all levels of the organization. Canada Insurance Job
We are looking for our next Actuarial Analyst. How would you be?
The Actuarial Analyst will assist the Actuarial Department in performing and enhancing quarterly claims analysis and reporting for primary and reinsurance. This role will be located in our Toronto office.
Need more details? Read More Specifically.
- Maintain and improve internal reserve database, including reserve class mapping and data reconciliation
- Maintain and improve quarterly reserve system files, including quarterly project roll-forwards and import of updated data
- Calculation of initial claims reserves based on various assumptions/methodologies
- Monitoring of catastrophe losses
- Analysis of actual versus projected amounts, including explanations for significant fluctuations during the quarter
- Prepare quarterly underwriting year/accident year reports for submission to management, group reserves, and the Board of Directors
- Improve methods and procedures as necessary to increase the efficiency of the reserve process.
- Assist with technical accounting to complete quarterly reports to property and casualty insurers and year-end reports to OSFI.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Appointed Actuaries Report.
- Assist in performing quarterly reserve analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of data for risk capital modeling, retrospectives, seismic reserves, and financial planning.
- Assist with financial condition test analysis.
- Assist with other actuarial disciplines as needed
Are you the next Specialist? We welcome the following individuals to join our team.
- As a matter of some importance, you have a characteristic drive to give excellent client care through energy, excitement, and drive.
We also seek the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or other major with significant quantitative coursework and an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (please attach copies of transcripts to your application).
- Passing at least two actuarial examinations is preferred.
- At least two years of actuarial analyst experience in the property/casualty insurance industry is preferred.
- Strong statistical knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adjust communication style to suit the target audience, both internal and external.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, risk assessment, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with spreadsheets and database applications.
- Highly motivated, self-motivated, ability to continuously develop skills and work independently Ability to work independently and build strong working relationships with co-workers.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to changing environments and situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and satisfy time requirement
- Adaptability and Flexibility
As well as intriguing open positions, we offer
- Opportunities to participate in challenging projects and develop your skills and career with national and international colleagues and partners
- A comprehensive financial program, including flexible benefits and pension.
- A hybrid work environment in a stimulating physical work environment.
- An educational support program that continues to recognize your ongoing success.
To apply, please click on the link.
Munich Re/Temple Insurance is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of employment barriers and discrimination. Throughout the hiring process, consideration is given to qualified applicants with disabilities. Canada Insurance Job
If you have received a request for an interview and have a disability that requires an accommodation to support your participation, please contact us at AODARequestHR@munichre.ca as soon as conceivable so we can organize a suitable convenience. Canada Insurance Job
Canada Insurance Job Program Director
Job Title: Full Time
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
Insurance Program Director OMA Insurance
Would you like to work for one of the top 2023 companies in Greater Toronto? The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) advocates for and supports physicians to strengthen their leadership role in patient care. Canada Insurance Job
We ceaselessly endeavor to be a believed voice in the change of Ontario’s medical services framework by fearlessly seeking after prescribed procedures, novel thoughts, arrangements and potential open doors for development. Canada Insurance Job
The Director of Insurance Programs oversees the financial, performance, modification and evolution of all insurance programs and provides guidance to the Product and Actuarial Specialists in the development and execution of product strategies and business initiatives.
This role is responsible for modifying and/or significantly improving and adapting existing processes, products, and services through the correction of critical issues, resolution of major problems, or development of new research. Canada Insurance Job
There will also be a partner management component, serving as the primary point of contact for updates and reporting. Overall, the expectation is to understand these reports, work with external consultants to negotiate renewals, and derive potential program revisions from financial reports. Our program is primarily group insurance, but we also offer business, home, and auto insurance.
Do you find it energizing to lead multiple phases of a medium-sized project or program lasting one to two years, or a large project or program involving internal and external resources and employees from multiple departments?
Motivate employees and outside vendors, distribute work within given resources, and achieve goals.This is an opportunity to join the OMA Insurance (OMAI) Division as Director of Insurance Programs!
OMA Insurance provides group life insurance to OMA members in Ontario and Atlantic Physicians Association members with a complete portfolio of group and individual life insurance solutions and services. Our vision is to be the trusted choice for the financial health of our members. Our goal is to provide appropriate insurance coverage for healthcare professionals at all stages of their careers.
How We Contribute.
- Regulate OMA Protection projects and administrations to guarantee program supportability and worth to individuals.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the product and actuarial team; assign, schedule, and prioritize work; monitor workload and performance; ensure ongoing quality of work; resolve issues; identify training and development needs; provide input, feedback, and coaching for performance reviews Performs.
- Provide leadership in analysis and research for new products and product enhancements in the insurance program team.
- Manage partner relationships, renewals, reporting and assist in negotiations.
- Provide research and recommendations on program changes and enhancements to senior management and leadership, including OMA Insurance Committee members.
- Coordinate implementation of new products and program enhancements with Product Specialists and oversee key stakeholders to implement changes.
Requirements to be Emphasized
- University degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Commerce or Actuarial Science
- 10+ years of experience as an insurance specialist
- GBA (Group Benefits Administration)
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification
- Certified Life Underwriter (CLU) certification
- Expertise in group insurance products, property/casualty, home and auto insurance
OMA has transitioned to a permanent hybrid work environment. As such, the person filling this position will be required to work a minimum number of days in the Toronto office.
What does OMA have to offer you?
- A work environment that values respect, boldness, and transparency in work and actions
- A fantastic chance to develop with the group and assist with molding the essential bearing of OMAI, its individuals, and the wellbeing framework
- An organization committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion, including humility, accountability, collaboration, courage and integrity
- Commitment to growth and development through paid professional development and continuous internal learning
- A friendly, flexible, hybrid work environment
- Competitive salary and bonus programs
- Excellent group benefits package, including spending accounts and an extensive wellness program
- Named a Top Employer in Greater Toronto for three consecutive years
The Ontario Clinical Affiliation is emphatically dedicated to variety inside the local area and invites applications from individuals of race and variety, ladies, North Native Americans, people with inabilities, LGBTQ2S+ people, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas In accordance with the AODA Act, applicants with disabilities In accordance with the AODA, consideration will be given to candidates with incapacities all through the employing system.