job post Sodexo Canada Ltd 20,518 reviews Abbotsford, BC
Barista Jobs Vacancies In Canada
Starbucks is searching for a Barista to join our group. Would you like to advance your career with a company that shares your passion?
The Healthcare Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as the next Starbucks Barista!
Our main goal is to move and sustain the human soul, one individual, one cup, each area in turn. We believe that a moment of true connection shared over a cup of coffee is a simple act that can uplift someone’s day.
We strive to do this moment right for every customer, every time, in accordance with our Customer Service Commitment. It is our model for how we treat all of our customers.
Contribute to consumer well-being and quality:
Consumer well-being is at the core of Sodexo’s approach, and customer engagement is integral to the services provided by Sodexo employees across Canada. We work closely with consumers and customers to create an interactive and personalized environment for the well-being of everyone we serve.
Sodexo is proud to announce these nominations: 2021 Canada’s Best Diversity Employer, 2021 Canada’s Greenest Employer, 2020 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index Featured Company, 2020 Parity Certification Platinum Level, Improving Relations with Indigenous Peoples (PAR) Program Company Gold Level
Obligations and fundamental work capabilities incorporate, however are not restricted to
Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote Starbucks culture, values and mission.
Provide legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer-first attitude and connecting with them. Discover and respond to customer needs.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to learn quickly
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Sodexo is committed to employment equity and diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request to candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
- Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Follow Sodexo on social media to see firsthand what Sodexo has to offer
- Instagram SodexoCanadaCareers
- Twitter Twitter: @SodexoJobsCA
- LinkedIn Sodexo Canada Careers
- Facebook Sodexo CA Jobs
- Sodexo BC400
Barista Jobs Vacancies In Canada
Jobs in Kung Fu Tea Hillhurst Calgary, AB
Salary: 15 per hour
Job Type: Full Time Full-Time Employee
Shifts and Schedules: Overtime Hours
Education: Secondary (high school) diploma
Experience: Training available
- Carry clean dishes, utensils, etc. to serving area and set tables.
- Transport and change linens
- Clean and sanitize dishwasher mats, carts, trash cans, etc.
- Clearing and cleaning tables, trays, and chairs
- Loads bus pans and trays
- Operate dishwasher and wash dishes, glassware, and flatware
- Keeps records of food usage
- Portions and wraps food
- Prepares, heats, and finishes simple food items
- Serve customers at counter and buffet tables
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Take customer orders
- Use manual and electrical equipment to clean, peel, slice, and trim food
- Clean and sanitize kitchen, including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, utensils, and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning supplies
- Receive, unpack, and store supplies to refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, and other storage areas
- Removing trash from the kitchen
Working conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Overtime work available
- Repetitive work
- Standing for long periods of time
- Work under pressure
- Customer focused
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
Other Benefits: Parking available
Work Period: Permanent
Language of Work Language: English
Hours: 30-40 hours per week
Café Lunette- Job in Halifax NS Permanent
Job Title: Full Time
Shifts and Schedule
Weekends as needed
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
A café by day and a bistro by night, the restaurant offers everything from morning coffee and viennoiserie to casual business lunches, weekday evening rendezvous, and laid-back Sunday brunches.
Chef de Cuisine Vanessa Bélanger’s menu features a blockbuster list of timeless French classics, from traditional onion soup and steak tartare to comforting bouffe bourguignon and seafood bouillabaisse. On weekends, a variety of pastries, crepes, galettes, and breakfast sandwiches are available.
The essence of Latin cuisine comes alive at Bar Sofia, a paradise for shared plates and cocktails. Led by renowned chef Anthony Walsh, Bar Sofia plays with his family’s Argentine heritage and the next generation of culinary enthusiasts, artists, and adventurers.
What’s in it for you?
- Tip Share
- Gym membership discounts and employee assistance programs
- 50% discount on meals for you and up to 3 guests at all O&B locations
- Employee referral program
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to health, dental, vision and mental health insurance
- O&B is one of Canada’s largest hospitality companies and offers many opportunities for career advancement within the company.
- We have cafés, food lobbies and catering groups in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Grab and Go Baristas have a passion for customer service, greeting customers with a smile, preparing food and beverages, serving them, and paying the bill.
They also value teamwork and creating an exceptional experience for our guests. Our Grab and Go Attendants/Baristas are clean and detail oriented.
Provide a positive experience for our guests by interacting with them and following the steps of service.
Answer questions and make recommendations regarding food, beverages, and other restaurant features and services.
- Prepare cold and hot beverages.
- Ensure accurate entry of information into the POS system.
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with food and service
- Answer quickly and considerately to visitor demands and concerns
- Monitor the cleanliness of the grab and go area and ensure all materials and areas are clean and clutter free
- Follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing grab-and-go items
- Be aware of special requests, including guest allergies
- To open, close, and conduct side operations efficiently and safely.
- Follow all food safety standards and systems.
- Other duties as directed or required.
- Previous barista experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Passion for customer service
- Capacity to resist the urge to panic under tension while working in a speedy climate
- Organizational and sales skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain professional urgency and momentum
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage customers
- Experience in a similar environment a plus
- Freehand Hospitality’s Commitment to Diversity
At Freehand Hospitality, we are committed to treating each employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just and create a work environment where our employees can do their best.
- Thank you for your interest in Freehand Hospitality Restaurants.
Starbucks Service Clerk (Part Time)
Job in Metro Inc. 2010 Appleby Line, Burlington, ON Full Time
Job Title: Full-Time Employee
Shifts and Schedules: Weekends as needed
Position Title: Starbucks Service Clerk (Part Time)
Position Type: Permanent
Request ID: 34986
Employment Type: Part Time
Area: 2010 Appleby Line, Burlington, ON L7L 6M6
Availability Day: nights and weekends
Would you like to help make our customers smile? Share your passion for food with our customers as a Brand Ambassador!
The Starbucks team is waiting for you!
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent product knowledge and attention to detail
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Capacity to work adaptable hours, including days, evenings and ends of the week
- Metro respects the differences of employees from diverse backgrounds and capitalizes on their abilities.
- Metro considers all qualified applicants for employment.
- Metro is focused on obliging candidates and representatives with inabilities.
- Please let us know if you need accommodations or would prefer to receive your application in an accessible format.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Please do not call from agencies or send unsolicited resumes.
Job in Impact Kitchen Toronto, ON $15.50-$17.00 an hour – Full-time
Salary: $15.50-$17.00 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Shifts and Schedule
- Weekends as needed
- Evenings (as needed)
Impact Kitchen is looking for enthusiastic, passionate, and service-minded members to join our team. If health and wellness is your passion, if serving healthy food and empowering others to make healthy choices is what drives you, and if you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a dynamic team, a job at Impact may be right for you!
Learn more about Impact Kitchen’s Barista Opportunities. We look forward to adding your unique energy to our team and helping us make a positive impact every day!
Barista Position Overview
As a Barista at Impact Kitchen, your primary responsibility is to prepare all drinks served in the restaurant, including espresso drinks, smoothies, tonics, coffee, tea, and wellness drinks, in a timely manner and with superior quality.
As a barista, you must be knowledgeable of the menu, understand nutritional ingredients, and provide a warm welcome to customers by assisting them with any questions they may have.
- Prepare all drinks in a timely manner according to the menu and customer specifications.
- Items include: coffee, espresso based drinks, latte art, tonics, teas, wellness drinks, etc.
- Dial espresso grinder daily and constantly monitor espresso quality.
- Accurately enter orders through the POS system and communicate efficiently with the service line, coffee bar, and smoothie bar.
- Prepare and clean up barista and smoothie stations at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Assist other restaurant duties and teammates as needed
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with others in an effective and respectful manner based on teamwork.
- Capacity to perform and flourish in a speedy climate
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task as needed
- Capacity to represent expanded timeframes
- Ability to work day, evening, and weekend hours depending on the job
- General knowledge of food safety and public health
- Preferred but not required Food Handler Certification
- Preferred but not required Minimum of 1 year barista experience
Why Work at Impact?
Grow with us! As Impact Kitchen grows, we have new leadership opportunities, including salaried positions.
We are always looking to promote from within and will mentor and develop you along the way.
#TEAMIMPACT We are looking for team players! We value all of our employees and recognize that together we can accomplish more.
Health & Wellness By joining the Impact Kitchen team, you will have the opportunity to learn about nutrition, health, and wellness.
Make an Impact – Impact Kitchen offers meaningful employment in nutrition-based menus, food philosophies, a mission and values that guide all aspects of the business, and a willingness to continually find new ways to serve the community.
- Compensation and Team Benefits
- Gratuities are split equally among all employees
- 50% discount on Impact Kitchen brand purchases
- Opportunities for internal promotions
- Free team events
- Compensation ranges from $15.50 to $17 per hour plus tips
- Powered by JazzHR