Canadian Solar Inc. Canada
Canada Jobs Vacancies
Canadian Solar Inc (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom designed photovoltaic applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of experts works closely with customers to provide solutions for all their solar power needs. It has been listed on NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar is committed to powering the world with solar energy and creating a clean planet for future generations. Our way of life and individuals are our most significant resources and a vital wellspring of our upper hand.
We strive to “make a difference” in our work by fostering a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion that has a lasting positive impact on society and the communities in which we operate. e-STORAGE, a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacture, and integration of utility-scale battery energy storage systems.
e-STORAGE SolBank, the core of the e-STORAGE platform, is a utility-scale SolBank, the core of the e-STORAGE platform, is an in-house manufactured lithium iron phosphate chemistry-based battery designed for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, facilitate the integration of clean energy, and foster more resilient and sustainable energy.
Position Title Project Engineer Department Engineering Division CS e-STORAGE Report To: Engineering Manager Location Hybrid – US, CA Job Summary: The Project Engineer is responsible for the execution of battery storage projects using market leading technologies.
The Project Engineer is part of a cross-functional team focused on executing battery storage projects using market-leading technologies. The Project Engineer is responsible for all engineering activities for one or two storage projects from the design phase through commissioning to ensure project success.
The Project Engineer is expected to spend over 70% of his/her time at the project site.
Responsibilities Project Planning
- Assist in the preparation of technical specifications, vendor reviews, and supplier qualification, including testing and commissioning aspects of energy storage projects.
- Support procurement activities by managing supplier information gathering, preparing technical requirements documents, and maintaining supplier Q&A logs.
- Review and evaluate technical aspects of EPC bidders’ proposals for energy storage during the EPC selection process.
- Review project documents and preliminary designs to identify gaps in scope and responsibilities to ensure project success.
- This requires a thorough comprehension of designing, development, and allowing ideas.
Project Execution (on site):
- Responsible for technical project execution, understanding and managing scope, stakeholders, and schedule, and keeping all parties in sync.
- Communicate consistently with internal customers (project managers, product engineers, sales team) and external customers (utilities, AHJs, contractors, end customers).
- Manage engineering consultants and coordinate with stakeholders and hold weekly design review meetings.
- Audit/coordinate plan and other specialized data from providers and workers for hire.
- Manage the design review process and ensure all comments are closed.
- Review factory acceptance test procedures and reports for equipment.
- Develop commissioning plans, schedules, and checklists and coordinate all commissioning activities and performance testing.
- Inspect construction activities and assist in resolving installation and commissioning technical issues.
- Recommend product design and procedure/process improvements based on lessons learned.
- Maintain and develop key strategic relationships with key vendors, suppliers, and contractors throughout the energy storage industry.
- Support esteem designing and cycle improvement endeavors by sharing undertaking explicit illustrations learned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience/working knowledge.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in project and/or systems engineering with an energy storage integrator or EPC contractor.
- Direct experience with battery systems, medium voltage stations, and related products/systems.
- Familiarity with specifications, technical bid analysis, and procurement of key equipment such as inverters, transformers, and switchgear.
- Should have a sound comprehension of charging and testing of energy stockpiling projects.
- Must be familiar with construction project management (submittals, RFIs, change orders, non-conformances, as built).
- Must be familiar with MV electrical equipment, amperage capacity calculations, short circuit/load flow, protective device coordination, arcing, grounding per IEEE 80, and other related design topics.
- Hands-on practical experience in systems engineering and a solid understanding of relevant regulatory standards, including NEC/UL code compliance.
- Global perspective and awareness; direct experience working across diverse cultures in a multinational company is a plus.
- Aggressive, measurable goals and objectives and prepared to be measured against them.
- Dynamic professional, with the ability to actively interact and collaborate with diverse people at all levels and disciplines, be able to get in front of key clients, think on your feet, and make sound decisions within compressed timelines.
- Excellent time manager with the ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize various issues, initiatives and goals simultaneously.
Seasonal Sales Representative
Ardene Fredericton, NB, Canada
You can do it! Would you like to be part of a great team? If you are a friendly, energetic individual with an interest in fashion retail, we would love to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Seasonal Sales Associate will provide exceptional customer service, merchandising, generating and processing sales, as well as maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the store. By creating a friendly environment, we guarantee exceptional service.
This includes greeting, checking and re-approaching all customers and being knowledgeable about merchandise.
- Keep abreast of the latest sales and promotions.
- Assist with merchandising displays and store cleanliness.
- Replenish merchandise, monitor floor inventory, and process shipments.
- Process purchases at the register
- Adhere to company policies
- Other duties as assigned by the management team
- Retail or customer service experience a plus
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
Able to stand for long periods of time and climb ladders Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and climb ladders
Must be able to move, lift and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store (weighing up to 30 lbs.)
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and climb ladders (up to 30 lbs.).
Available hours of work
- days, nights and weekends.
This job description is not all-inclusive.
Other related duties may be performed to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
What’s in it for you?
A dynamic and friendly work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Casual attire
- Employee discounts
- Arden Rewards upgrades
- Paid time off for birthdays
- Supportive and caring management team
- Wellness initiatives
- Cool contests
- Advancement opportunities At Arden, you More than just an employee.
We are Arden! We are the ultimate North American destination for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories at the best prices In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer.
Today, we have taken it to a whole new level with over 300 stores across Canada, the US, and the world, not to mention ardene.com and our app! We believe that fashion should not be exclusive or intimidating, but celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm.
Our journey is underway in this new era of retailing, with more focus than ever on the customer experience and sustainable practices. We also value employee wellbeing and personal growth.
Our team is focused on driving initiatives in the areas of mental health, diversity and inclusion, engagement, and recognition. This includes a number of mindfulness programs that allow our team to create meaningful connections, lead with intention and grace, and be their best selves at work and in life.
Want to learn more about life at Arden? Check out our Careers site for updates and read one-on-one personal interviews with Arden team members. https://ardenecorporate.com/life-at-ardene
GE Manitoba, Canada (+3 others)
Summary As a member of the Clean Combustion Field Service team, prepare, plan and lead execution of complex planned/emergency outage events for utility and industrial boiler outages while supporting the development of business strategies for superior field fulfillment of GE steam, and support the Service Manager and Execution team in closeout
The OM is the focal point and is responsible for driving consistent outage planning and execution and adoption of best practices and lessons learned.
Whenever possible, the OM will lead complex shutdowns in the assigned region or location. This position will work remotely in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba, with 70% domestic and international travel expected annually.
Responsibilities Your Role
Track work costs and manage productivity while managing project execution risk.
Assist in developing project estimates including scope of work, site condition checks, preliminary safety, and risk analysis to identify potential problems and failures and minimize cost impact for site execution.
Support the customer operations team during shutdown, startup, operation, and performance testing of the completed scope for the boiler and balance of plant auxiliary systems, as required.
Ensure that appropriate executable documents are prepared, used, reviewed, stored, and delivered, including field procedures, quality procedures, EHS, and customer failure reports.
Respond promptly to forced outages/emergencies and be on site when necessary to investigate/resolve field issues and return units to operational status in a timely manner.
Support the Customer Service Manager and communicate to customer staff during outages
Proactively work to improve and optimize existing processes and look for opportunities for simplification.
Must be available to work holidays, weekends, and overtime as required by field assignments.
May be assigned other duties as assigned to actively promote the Steampower vision and align with the core values of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 4+ years of field engineering or technical field advisor experience in the industrial and power generation industry.
- OR a high school degree/GED and at least 8 years of related professional experience.
- Must be able to reside in Western Canada
- Ability to travel up to 70% annually domestically and internationally.
- Preferred Characteristics
- Strong project management and planning skills
- PC skills, ability to use web applications including advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers.
- Solid verbal and composed relational abilities and impacting abilities.
- Solid specialized and upkeep information on modern boilers and helper hardware.
- Strong team leader in a dynamic, energetic, and complex customer site environment.
- Capacity to work under high tension and time limitations.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to influence stakeholders to deliver on customer and business needs.
Additional Information Possible relocation: none #LI-Remote
This is a remote position.